Mu Cang Chai is a mountain district in Yen Bai province. To get to Mu Cang Chai, tourists have to go through Khau Pha pass – One of the four great passes in the Northwest Vietnam. Mu Cang Chai is located about 300km from Hanoi, in the ripe rice, it welcomes thousands of tourists from all over the country as well as the foreign tourists in the world.
To go to Mu Cang Chai, there some means of transportation:
This is the detail information
These public vehicles are mainly for local people, the price is cheaper than other means but it is not suitable for tourists. The buses usually departs from My Dinh bus station.
- Price: About 250.000 VND/pax
- Travel time: 7 hours
- Time schedule: 19.00 – 22.30
- Advantages: Low cost, safe
- Disadvantages: Passengers have to take taxi to bus station and from bus station to hotel or home stay in Mu Cang Chai.
In case, the bus is broken on the way, you may miss your travel plan.
Could not communicate with driver to drop off the right bus station. If getting off in wrong, you may lose the way and you will not find other transportations in the mountainous area. Not many foreign tourists choose this mean of transportation.
>>>Book local bus ticket online at: Vexere.com
Or directly at bus station with some bus companies: Cuong Lan ( pick up at 14 Ho Tung Mau str) Ha Trang, Khanh Thuy.
Recently, high quality – Limousine buses are the favorite vehicles and considered as VIP buses. Fresh air in the bus and only 9 seats in the bus, are designed and easily controlled for the most comfortable as a sofa. Included other facilities: wifi, USB port, reading lamps, ceiling lamps.
- Price: 300.000 – 380.000 VND/pax
- Travel time: 6-7 hours
- Time schedules: 6 – 7 AM and 22 – 23 PM
- Advantages: nice and clean bus, not stop on they to get more passengers, the route is guaranteed.
- Disadvantages: Not proactive in time, still have to take taxi to the pickup point.
>>>Reference to book the high quality bus: vexere.com
or directly with the bus companies: Limousine Toan Anh, Anh Khang Authentic
This is the vehicle that many young people are interested in. Especially, people are adventurous and thrilling experience. However, to ride from Hanoi to Mu Cang Chai needs a good preparation, health and riding skills, good motorbike because this route is very complicated terraces with passes, steeps and high mountains such as: Ach pass, Khau Pha Pass. Also brings the motorbike repair tools as not many repair shops on the way.
- Motorbike rental: 12 – 15 USD/day. Not included gasoline
- Travel Route: From Hanoi – Ho Tung Mau str – National Road 32 – Nghia Lo – Khau Pha pass – Mu Cang Chai
- Travel time: about 7- 8 hours
- Advantages: Proactive in time, low cost, could stop anywhere on the way for photos and enjoy the beautiful landscapes
- Disadvantages: Really tired for 7-8 hour riding. For amateurs, this is dangerous as there are lot of bends and edges two sites of the road.
Reference to rent motorbike in Hanoi:
Add: 66 Dao Duy Tu str, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Tel: +84 243 926 0938
Add: 1 Trang Tien str, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Tel: 0966 456 969
This is an easy means of transportation but not a good choice for a mountainous roads, the vehicle is not suitable, the driver does not have much experience in this road. Addition, the cost is high than the private car. Or even much higher if you get the wrong taxi. Not many tourists choose this kind of transfer. Average price is from 3.500.000 VND/way
Private car for travelling along distance in 7 hours is a great choice. To visit Mu Cang Chai, tourists need at least 3-4 days, and also need a professional driver or tour guide who knows well the destinations to help you to visit all the beautiful places in Mu Cang Chai
- Travel time: 7 hours
- Price: 2.000.000 VND/day ( for at least 2 day trip)
- Advantages: Proactive in time, safe, and your travel routes are guaranteed, private space, no wasting time for waiting.
- Disadvantages: High cost than other public transportations.
>>>Reference to book the private car from Hanoi to Mu Cang Chai