Dong Van plateau has been a particularly attractive destination for many tourists. From Hanoi, it is 450km to get to Dong Van. From Ha Giang, it takes 4-hour driving for 150km, you will step into the unique plateau where ancient historical traces are kept.
There are some way to get from Ha Giang to Dong Van:
The detail information as following:
Usually, visitors travel to Dong Van by bus from Hanoi then rent a motorbike from Ha Giang to Dong Van. There are many buses from My Dinh bus station with time schedule 20.30 – 21.00 – 22.00 for your choose. Arrive in Ha Giang about 5.00 AM, you should take taxi to a guesthouse nearby the bus station to relax before a trip to Dong Van.
- Price bus from Ha Giang to Dong Van: 100.000 VND/pax
- Travel time: 4 – 5 hours
- Departure time in Ha Giang bus station: from 5 AM to 13.00
- Advantages: low cost, it is suitable for a small group of 1-2 person.
- Disadvantages: Take many transits to arrive in Dong Van
- Could not communicate with driver in case of need.
- It is suitable for small group, interested in local experience.
>>>Reference for bus in Ha Giang: Cau Me (0915 448 933) Anh Sinh (0984 52037), Hung Hoa…
This is an easy means of transportation but not a good choice for a mountainous roads, the vehicle is not suitable, the driver does not have much experience in this road. Addition, the cost is high than the private car. Or even much higher if you get the wrong taxi. Some taxi companies for reference such as Thanh Cong, Mai Linh, Ha Giang… the rate is about 1.600.000 VND/way
The distance of 150km from Ha Giang to Dong Van is the challenge for those who love and want to experience the winding and emotional roads by motorbike.
- Price for motorbike rental: 200.000 – 400.000 VND/day, depends on the types of motorbike and the price is not included gasoline.
- Route: Ha Giang – National Road 4C – Quang Ba – Yen Minh – Dong Van
- Travel time: About 4 hours
- Advantages: Proactive in time, save the cost, stop anywhere any time on route to enjoy the landscapes and take photo.
- Disadvantages: The road is really difficult with many dangerous steeps, passes especially the Ma Pi Leng pass.
- Avoid to ride in the night, rainy day and foggy days
- If you are not really good at riding, just drive slowly
- Do not forget to bring with motorbike repair tools
- Check carefully the motorbike before starting
- Use helmet, gloves, motorbike jackets
- Study carefully about the road.
>>>Reference for motorbike for rent in Ha Giang:
Ha Giang Epic
Tel: 0986 635 986
Add: Twin road by Ha Giang bus station
Price: 150.000 – 550.000 ND/day not included the gasoline
Tel: 0338 023 344
Price: 150.000 – 450.000 ND/day not included the gasoline
Add: Group 1, Cau Me village, Phuong Thien, Ha Giang ( 300m from Ha Giang bus station)
Motogo provides motorbike rental in Ha Giang city and transfer fee if dropping motorbike in Dong Van or Meo Vac town. The fees (not included in the rental rate) around 350.000 VND.
This is the great choice for tourists for the route from Hanoi to Ha Giang and Dong Van. With private experience driver, the travel schedule is always guaranteed and there will be interesting experiences on the road from Ha Giang to Dong Van
- Travel time from Ha Giang to Dong Van: 4 hours
- Price about 1.500.000 VND/day
- Advantages: proactive in time, safe, private space, not waste time for waiting, no transit
- Disadvantages: the cost is higher than other public transportations
>>>Reference to book the private car Ha Giang to Dong Van