Da Lat is one of the most beautiful tourist cities in our country. Located on Lam Vien plateau in Lam Dong province. With the charming beauty, the cool weather makes us with unforgettable feelings.
Da Lat is about 370 Km north from Saigon, it is quite convenient for traveling in about 5-7 hours. There are many means of transportation for you to choose to go to Da Lat such as:
This is the detail information
Most of the buses from Ho Chi Minh city to Da Lat are sleeping bus. And there are hundred buses for your choose.
- Price: 180.000 – 240.000 VND/pax – depends on bus company
- Travel time: 6 – 8 hours
- Departure time: Earliest at 5.40 AM and latest at 24.00. Bus is available every 1 hour
- Departure point: Mien Tay Bus station or at bus offices in Saigon
- Drop off point: Da Lat bus station or bus offices in Dat Lat
- Advantages: cheap tickets, easy to book, suitable for young tourists who love to discover the local life
- Disadvantages: Take taxi between hotels and bus stations.
In cases of broken bus, you may miss your travel plan
>>>Some bus companies for reference: Phuong Trang Bus, Thanh Buoi Bus, The Sinh Tourist bus
Nowadays, the need to travel by high-end vehicles is increasingly popular due to the increasing quality of life. In recent years Emerging the high-quality Limousines, moving smoothly with modern interiors and luxurious amenities. There are many Limousine companies running the Saigon - Da Lat route with high quality and reasonable price.
- Price: 200.000 – 400.000/pax
- Travel time: 6-7 hours
- Departure time: from 8.00 AM to 23.00
- Advantages: beautiful and clean bus, not stopping on the way to pick up more clients. Guarantee the route and plan.
- Disadvantages: Not proactive in time, still have to take taxi between hotel and pick up and drop off point
>>>Reference to book the bus: vexere.com
Some bus companies:
Phong Phu bus
- Price: 380.000 VND
- Tel: 1900 9222 – 0779 818 818
- Departure time: From 15.00 – 23.00
- Pick-up point: Bus office – 184 Nguyen Van Troi – HCM city
- Drop off point: Da Lat bus station
Lac Hong bus
- Price: 200.000 VND
- Tel: 0886 50 89 89
- Departure time: From 15.00 – 23.00
- Pick-up point: Bus office – 18/16 Bach Ma, Ward 15, District 10 – HCM city
- Drop off point: Da Lat bus office – D11 KQH Hoang Dieu Str.
Travelling to Da Lat by motorbike is one of the way that many people choose in recent years. Because of the far distance, so you should divide into small distance, every 100km you stop to rest, then continue on your way.
You should start early, because the road from the city to Dong Nai is very crowded in the morning and worse, you may be delayed in time to Bao Loc at noon.
The section of the Bao Loc pass is quite dangerous and often rains, if you go late until evening to reach the pass and in the rainy season, you will definitely encounter rain on the pass, which is extremely dangerous.
- Motorbike rental price: 12 – 15 USD/day - not included the gasoline
- Travel route: Saigon – Bien Hoa – National road 1A – T Junction Dau Giay – National road 20 – Bao Loc Pass – Prenn pass – Da Lat
- Travel time: 8 – 10 hours
- Advantages: Proactive in time, save cost, could stop anytime, anywhere on route to relax and taking photos
- Disadvantages: Long distance, Winding roads, many sharp turns and blindness turns, very difficult for the behind vehicles to see ahead and may cause accidents.
Reference to rent motorbike in Saigon:
Flamingo Travel in Ho Chi Minh city
Add: 30A Do Quang Chau, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist 1
Tel: 098 675 1020
Thanh Dat motorbike
Add: 115/21 Ly Van Si str, Ward 13, Phu Nhuan dist.
Tel: 0909 269 732
This is the fastest and most convenient way to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Lat. Currently, there are many airlines exploiting this route such as Vietnam Airline, Vietjet or Bamboo Airway with relatively cheap costs and many different flight times ... This is the optimal choice for travelers.
- Airfare: from 750.000 VND – 2.000.000 VND. Depends on airlines and air ticket class
- Travel time: 1 hour
- Departure time: 7 flights per day, earliest at 6.25 and latest at 18.20
- Departure terminal: Tan Son Nhat airport
- Arrival terminal: Muong Khuong airport – about 30km from the city. Takes 40 minutes by taxi and costs about 400.000 - 500.000 VND taxi fare
- Advantages: fast, safe, save time for travelling activities
- Disadvantages: airport is far from city, take time for moving between hotels and airport and check in time.
If flight is delayed, it will affect to your travel plan.
This is the way that many tourists choose when they come to visit Dalat. Going to Da Lat by family car or renting a private car to go will help you freely moving around, be more proactive in time. In addition, you also have the opportunity to stop to visit famous tourist destinations on the way from Saigon to Da Lat such as Linh Quy Phap An Sky Gate that you will not be able to experience if traveling by public transportations.
- Price: 2.500.000 VND/day – 4-7 seats car for 2 day/1night program
- Travel time: 6 hours
- Advantages: Proactive in time, guarantee the travel plan, private space and could stop anytime, anywhere to relax and take photos.
- Disadvantages: high cost.
>>>Reference to book theprivate car in Vietnam