NHA TRANG, THE IDEAL SEASIDE BREAK
The seaside resort of Nha Trang is a perfect destination for travelers wishing to enjoy a beach break during their trip to Vietnam. A seaside resort that is not only limited to its beautiful beaches, but also offers many activities as well as a wide range of cultural curiosities that will appeal to a wide audience.
Enjoy the seaside pleasures
This is often the reason why travellers come to stay in Nha Trang: lazing on a deckchair in the sun on the curved blond sand beach with a breathtaking view of its bay dotted with islands. This long beach of nearly 7 kilometers also offers a beautiful range of water activities such as water skiing, jet-skiing, parasailing, paddling or sailing. Day trips by boat are offered to discover the myriad of islands off Nha Trang.
Beach enthusiasts can take a trip around Nha Trang to discover other sparkling beaches such as Doc Let Beach in the north or the endless beaches of Cam Ranh Bay in the south.
Scuba diving aficionados can go and discover the seabed of Nha Trang Bay which is among the most beautiful in Vietnam. With mask, snorkel and flippers or with a tank, discover the Hon Mun marine park where macro and reef life is abundant.
Discover the Chams towers of Po Nagar
An ancient civilization very influential in Southeast Asia from the 2nd to the 17th centuries and established on the coast of Central Vietnam where it had founded the kingdom of Champa, the Cham left on this part of the country a considerable number of vestiges that testify to the artistic excellence of this civilization disappeared in the whirlpools of history. The Cham towers of Po Nagar, still in a remarkable state of conservation, are part of this exceptional archaeological heritage. Called Po Nagar under the Champa dynasty, Nha Trang was in the 8th century the capital of the kingdom of the Cham people. Built between the 7th and 12th centuries, the Po Nagar sanctuary originally consisted of seven or eight temples, of which only four buildings remain. Well preserved, you can admire the finesse of the sculptures and the architectural richness of these red brick towers, which have still not revealed the secret of their longevity and construction.
A seaside resort where one is never bored!
Nha Trang is not only limited to its sumptuous beaches. The seaside resort of Central Vietnam offers a range of activities and cultural curiosities that will convince you to extend your stay.
- Nha Trang's Gothic-style cathedral, built in the 1930s, is made entirely of stone.
- The Oceanographic Institute of Nha Trang founded on September 14, 1922 by French scientists and still used for marine scientific research.
- The Pasteur Institute and the Alexandre Yersin Museum. The famous doctor Yersin who lived and died at the age of 80 in Nha Trang, founded in 1885 a branch of the Pasteur Institute which is still active. Right next door is a small museum that pays tribute to this complex character who was much appreciated by the local population for the many works he undertook for the community.
- The Long Son pagoda and his impressive white Buddha serenely seated on his lotus flower.
- The VinePearl amusement park, a fantastic entertainment complex offering a multitude of activities for young and old alike such as the underground aquarium, rides, or the amazing water park.
- The mud baths, located on the outskirts of the city, will offer you an excellent moment of relaxation in a beautiful country setting.
- The salt fields of Hon Khoi and its superb salt marsh landscapes are very photogenic, especially at harvest time, from January to June.
- The Ba Ho Falls, an excellent excursion into a forest area for refreshment and relaxation.
- Visit the Hon Ba Nature Reserve which is home to more than 500 species of plants including about 40 rare, very rare and even endemic species.
- Discover the countryside of Nha Trang with notably the Dien Khanh citadel, one of the oldest citadels in South Vietnam, traditional villages and the Yangbay waterfall.
- The central market of Nha Trang vibrates with the traditional bustle of Vietnamese merchants.
- Discover the gastronomy of Nha Trang by taking a food tour.
- Fine-tune your swing in one of the three golf courses of Nha Trang.
A remarkable hotel offer
The resort of Nha Trang has a hotel offer capable of meeting all comfort requirements, from family hotels to luxury resorts with exclusive private villas on the ocean floor.
Best season: Nha Trang enjoys a microclimate that provides pleasant and sunny weather almost all year round except perhaps the months of November, December and January.